Free Consultation|USA Only +1 (866)754 4460|Outside USA +1 (516)822 3100 or +1 (631) 623 5100 - Website Logo
  You are here : Home  >   Services  >   Foreign Entity Qualification  
TESTIMONIALS - Testimonials  

How to start a Foreign Corporation or an LLC in Connecticut

An ultimate guide to obtain a Certificate of Authority in Connecticut
Existing customers please login to check the status of your order at Infotax Square Login here (0) (0)
0/5 stars (0 vote)
Category : > Foreign Entity Qualification
Posted On : Sun Jan 01st,2017

An ultimate guide to obtain a Certificate of Authority in Connecticut

What is a Certificate of Authority, Connecticut?

A foreign entity in the state of Connecticut has to be established to do business in Connecticut as a branch office OR if a foreign corporation desiring to open business in Connecticut, may obtain a certificate of authority by filing the Application for Certificate of Authority.

How to obtain a certificate of authority in Connecticut?

  • Application for a certificate of authority foreign corporation will be filed with the Connecticut Secretary of state to register a CT foreign entity to transact business.
  • State of Connecticut generally takes five to seven working days to start business in Connecticut as a foreign entity.
  • The Connecticut foreign entity will use the home state Employer Identification Number.
  • A certificate of good standing or certificate of status will be submitted along with the application to confirm the legal existence of the home state company registration. The issuance date of the home state certificate of existence should not be more than 90 days. State of Connecticut will not allow home state to incorporate an out of state entity in Connecticut, if the status is not good standing or admin dissolution.

What happens, if Connecticut foreign corporation’s name is not available with the CT Secretary of State?

  • The name must be distinguishable to open a branch office in Connecticut.
  • You may adopt a fictitious name, if the name is not available with the Connecticut Secretary of State.
  • The fictitious name must be different from other business names in Connecticut and use the words of the Corp, Corporation, LLC or Limited Liability Company.
  • The approved fictitious name will be filed along with the certificate of authority application.

Ongoing reports and maintenance to retain Connecticut Foreign Entity

  • All foreign entities are registered in the state of Connecticut must file an Annual Report of the Foreign Entity to transact business in the state of Connecticut.
  • State taxes must be filed every year.
  • If you are no longer in business, you are responsible to terminate company in Connecticut with the secretary of state.
  • Connecticut registered agent must be maintained
  • All officers and members' information must be current.

Committed to give our users most updated news!
For instant news please subscribe at

Leave Your Comments
Your name :
Email Address : Will not be published
Please enter your email if you want us to send answer to your email. We have a strict policy of not to share your email address with any other party.
Your message :
Insert these letters into the textfield below: (required, case-sensitive): eJEJA
Do you want to Subscribe for
InfoTaxSquare Business News Bulletin?
Comments (0)
Load More
No Comments found, Be the first to write comment

Copyright © 2010, Infotax Square All Rights Reserved. - Allows Payment Processing With Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover
Terms and conditions, features, support, pricing and service options subject to change without notice.