Free Consultation|USA Only +1 (866)754 4460|Outside USA +1 (516)822 3100 or +1 (631) 623 5100 - Website Logo
  You are here : Home  >   Services  >   Foreign Entity Qualification  
TESTIMONIALS - Testimonials  

How to file a Kentucky Certificate of of Authority

Guide to file a Certificate of Authority or foreign business entity Kentucky
Existing customers please login to check the status of your order at Infotax Square Login here (0) (0)
0/5 stars (0 vote)
Category : > Foreign Entity Qualification
Posted On : Fri Jan 27th,2017

Guide to file a Certificate of Authority or foreign business entity Kentucky

Why to register a Certificate of Authority or foreign business entity Kentucky?

A certificate of authority has to be applied to transact business in the state of Kentucky. Generally, foreign business entity is filed to expand business in the other state with the Secretary of State.

How to file an application of certificate of authority in Kentucky?

  • The corporate name must be specified in the application if it is a corporation, nonprofit, professional service corporation, limited liability company or a limited partnership.
  • The company name must be the same as showing in the home state article.
  • A registered agent address in the state of Kentucky is required to file foreign business entity and PO Box is not acceptable.
  • Application of certificate of authority (foreign business entity) will be completed as per the instructions.
  • The business entity must be registered in Kentucky in order to transact business in KY.
  • An inactive business entity cannot file a certificate of authority in Kentucky.

What is the turnaround time to process certificate of authority Kentucky?

Generally, foreign entity Kentucky takes around five to seven working days to approve.

Do you have to submit bylaw as along with the application?

No, it is not required to file bylaws along with the application.

What is the filing fee to file an out-of-state entity Kentucky?

The filing fee is $90.00 and a check will be sent along with the application.

Can I obtain a new EIN for my Kentucky foreign entity?

No, you will use the home sate EIN to transact business in Kentucky.

Kentucky certified copies must be obtained to file a foreign entity Kentucky.

Kentucky secretary of state may request you to obtain Certified copies of corporate documents to confirm that your business entity is already registered in the home state and having good status.

What are the future requirements to maintain a certificate of authority in Kentucky?

  • The annual report of Kentucky business entity will be filed between January 1 and June 30 of the following calendar years.
  • A registered agent address must be updated every year to continue operating business in Kentucky.
  • State taxes will be filed if applicable.

Committed to give our users most updated news!
For instant news please subscribe at

Leave Your Comments
Your name :
Email Address : Will not be published
Please enter your email if you want us to send answer to your email. We have a strict policy of not to share your email address with any other party.
Your message :
Insert these letters into the textfield below: (required, case-sensitive): NDbES
Do you want to Subscribe for
InfoTaxSquare Business News Bulletin?
Comments (0)
Load More
No Comments found, Be the first to write comment

Copyright © 2010, Infotax Square All Rights Reserved. - Allows Payment Processing With Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover
Terms and conditions, features, support, pricing and service options subject to change without notice.