Free Consultation|USA Only +1 (866)754 4460|Outside USA +1 (516)822 3100 or +1 (631) 623 5100 - Website Logo
  You are here : Home  >   Services  >   Income Tax Filing Across The USA  
TESTIMONIALS - Testimonials  

How should I report income received from Pensions and Annuities?

How should I report income received from Pensions and Annuities?
Existing customers please login to check the status of your order at Infotax Square Login here (0) (0)
0/5 stars (0 vote)
Category : > Income Tax Filing Across The USA
Posted On : Tue Oct 06th,2009

How should I report income received from Pensions and Annuities?

Pensions and Annuities

If you receive retirement benefits in the form of pension or annuity payments from a qualified employer retirement plan, the amounts you receive may be fully taxable, or partially taxable.

Your pension or annuity payments are usually fully taxable if your employer contributed all of the cost without including the cost in your taxable wages, or if you got back all your previously taxed contributions tax free in previous years.

If you contributed after-tax dollars to your pension or annuity, your pension payments are partially taxable. You will not pay tax on the part of the payment that represents a return of the after-tax amount you paid. This amount is your cost in the plan or investment, and includes the amounts your employer contributed that were taxable to you when contributed. Partly taxable pensions are taxed under either the General Rule or the Simplified Method.

If you receive pension or annuity payments before age 59 1/2, you may be subject to an additional tax on early distributions. However, this additional tax will not apply if the payments are made after your separation from service in or after the year you reached age 55, or if the payments are part of a series of substantially equal payments that are paid over your life

The taxable part of your pension or annuity payments is generally subject to federal income tax withholding.

You may choose not to have income tax withheld from your pension or annuity payments unless they are eligible rollover distributions. If you do not want tax withheld from your pension or annuity, or if you want to specify how tax is to be withheld, you should provide the payer Form W-4P, Withholding Certificate for Pension or Annuity Payments, or a similar form provided by the payer. Withholding from periodic payments of a pension or annuity is generally figured the same way as for salaries and wages. If you do not give a completed withholding certificate to the payer, the payer must withhold tax as if you were married and claiming three withholding allowances. If you do not provide the payer with your correct social security number, tax will be withheld as if you were single and claiming no withholding allowances.


InfoTaxSquare helps filing Income Taxes in all fifty states. If you need our services please click order now button or for additional information read more. For live assistance can be called at +1 (866)754 4460 or email at 24/7 online help is available!



Committed to give our users most updated news!
For instant news please subscribe at

Leave Your Comments
Your name :
Email Address : Will not be published
Please enter your email if you want us to send answer to your email. We have a strict policy of not to share your email address with any other party.
Your message :
Insert these letters into the textfield below: (required, case-sensitive): bREWI
Do you want to Subscribe for
InfoTaxSquare Business News Bulletin?
Comments (0)
Load More
No Comments found, Be the first to write comment

Copyright © 2010, Infotax Square All Rights Reserved. - Allows Payment Processing With Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover
Terms and conditions, features, support, pricing and service options subject to change without notice.