Free Consultation|USA Only +1 (866)754 4460|Outside USA +1 (516)822 3100 - Website Logo
  You are here : Home  >   Services  >   Income Tax Filing Across The USA  
TESTIMONIALS - Testimonials  


0/5 stars (0 vote)
Category : > Income Tax Filing Across The USA
Posted On : Fri Nov 26th,2010



The earned income credit (EIC) is a tax credit for certain people who work and have less than $39,783 of earned income. A tax credit usually means more money in your pocket. It reduces the amount of tax you owe. The EIC may also give you a refund.

How do you get the earned income credit?   To claim the EIC, you must:
  1. Qualify by meeting certain rules,(see below Table for rules) and

  2. File a tax return, even if you:

    1. Do not owe any tax,

    2. Did not earn enough money to file a return, or

    3. Did not have income taxes withheld from your pay.
First, you must meet all the rules in this column. Second, you must meet all the rules in one of these columns, whichever applies. Third, you must meet the rule in this column.
Part A.
Rules for Everyone
Part B.
Rules If You Have a Qualifying Child
Part C.
Rules If You Do Not Have a Qualifying Child
Part D.
Figuring and Claiming the EIC

1. Your adjusted gross income (AGI) must be less than:
•$37,783 ($39,783 for married filing jointly) if you have more than one qualifying child,

•$33,241 ($35,241 for married filing jointly) if you have one qualifying child, or

•$12,590 ($14,590 for married filing jointly) if you do not have a qualifying child.

2. You must have a valid social security number.

3. Your filing status cannot be “Married filing separately.

4. You must be a U.S. citizen or resident alien all year.

5. You cannot file Form 2555 or Form 2555-EZ (relating to foreign earned income).

6. Your investment income must be $2,900 or less.

7. You must have earned income.

8. Your child must meet the relationship, age, and residency tests.

9. Your qualifying child cannot be used by more than one person to claim the EIC.

10. You cannot be a qualifying child of another person.

11. You must be at least age 25 but under age 65.

12. You cannot be the dependent of another person.

13. You cannot be a qualifying child of another person.

14. You must have lived in the United States more than half of the year.


Committed to give our users most updated news!
For instant news please subscribe at

Leave Your Comments
Your name :
Email Address : Will not be published
Please enter your email if you want us to send answer to your email. We have a strict policy of not to share your email address with any other party.
Your message :
Insert these letters into the textfield below: (required, case-sensitive): DEHga
Do you want to Subscribe for
InfoTaxSquare Business News Bulletin?
Comments (0)
Load More
No Comments found, Be the first to write comment - 10 Successful Years
Copyright © 2010, Infotax Square All Rights Reserved. - Allows Payment Processing With Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover
Terms and conditions, features, support, pricing and service options subject to change without notice.