Being a Non-Resident USA, Can I start business or form a company in USA? To establish a company in USA it is not required to be neither a resident nor citizen to form company in USA. Non-USA Resident has to follow the following guidelines.
- They are required to have a physical address
- Any legal person can be a registered agent of entity.
- PO Box is not acceptable
- To maintain company which are required to file yearly annual report
- To keep that company in a good standing it is required to file State Taxes if applicable, Federal Taxes
- Being a Non-Resident USA, it will only be liable for State and federal taxes and it may not be required to pay USA Social Security and Medicare Taxes
- They can either form a C-Corporation or an LLC but not an S-Corporation, because to form an s-corporation they have to be a resident or a citizen
- But the C-Corporation can be converted any time to an S-Corporation once the individual get the status mean become a permanent resident of USA
- There is no restriction to hire employees under their entity
- Non-resident USA can open a foreign entity of their existing oversees company to conduct business in USA, or if they have the same members or shareholders then they can open a separate entity.It will serve the same purpose
- To create a foreign entity of existing oversees company they have to obtain certificate of good standing/certificate of existence or certificate of status that the company is legally registered
- To create a foreign entity, existing company has to be in a good standing to execute a business.