Free Consultation|USA Only +1 (866)754 4460|Outside USA +1 (516)822 3100 - Website Logo
  You are here : Home  >   Services  >   Income Tax (Form 1040)  
TESTIMONIALS - Testimonials  

How should I report Alimony Payment received on my tax return?

Follow infotaxsquare on Twitter
5/5 stars (1 vote)
Category : > Income Tax (Form 1040)
Posted On : Tue Oct 06th,2009

How should I report "Alimony Payment " received on my tax return?

Alimony Payment Reporting:

 Alimony payments received from your spouse or former spouse are taxable to you in the year received. You have to enter the total amount received in respect of Alimony or separate maintenance. Alimony payments received from your spouse or former spouse are taxable to you in the year received. You must give the person who paid the alimony your social security number.


Do not include child support payments as alimony. If your decree or agreement calls for both alimony and child support and specifies amounts for each, only the alimony is taxable.


InfoTaxSquare helps filing Income Taxes in all fifty states. If you need our services please click order now button or for additional information read more. For live assistance can be called at +1 (866)754 4460 or email at 24/7 online help is available!



Committed to give our users most updated news!
For instant news please subscribe at

Leave Your Comments
Your name :
Email Address : Will not be published
Please enter your email if you want us to send answer to your email. We have a strict policy of not to share your email address with any other party.
Your message :
Insert these letters into the textfield below: (required, case-sensitive): OAfIV
Do you want to Subscribe for
InfoTaxSquare Business News Bulletin?
Comments (0)
No Comments found, Be the first to write comment - 10 Successful Years
Copyright © 2010, Infotax Square All Rights Reserved. - Allows Payment Processing With Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover
Terms and conditions, features, support, pricing and service options subject to change without notice.