Free Consultation|USA Only +1 (866)754 4460|Outside USA +1 (516)822 3100 - Website Logo
  You are here : Home  >   Services  >   Comments  
TESTIMONIALS - Testimonials  

Existing customers please login to check the status of your order at Infotax Square
Elhami Daira   wrote on : Tue May 25th,2010   Back to Article

I am on H1B visa and recently switched jobs. My former employer failed to run payroll for a period of time I worked for them. Perhaps, my former employer paid partial wages as cash and not reported on W2 Form. Now, how would I report this to IRS? Former employer declined to send me a corrected W2 and not interested in reporting to IRS regarding the cash paid to me. Being on H1B, I am uncertain that how would I report the cash I received from my former employer. Since I already filed my 2009 tax returns with the W2 provided by them, would I be able to file an amendment for this income.

Reply :

Technically you can only report the income showing on your W-2. To reconcile the wages reported is an internal affair between you and your employer. You have to request to your employer to issue a corrected W-2 if possible.

Load More - 10 Successful Years
Copyright © 2010, Infotax Square All Rights Reserved. - Allows Payment Processing With Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover
Terms and conditions, features, support, pricing and service options subject to change without notice.