Free Consultation|USA Only +1 (866)754 4460|Outside USA +1 (516)822 3100 - Website Logo
  You are here : Home  >   Services  >   Comments  
TESTIMONIALS - Testimonials  

Existing customers please login to check the status of your order at Infotax Square
David Zehn   wrote on : Tue May 04th,2010   Back to Article

I have searched everywhere and can't find a clear cut answer. I'm doing my sister's taxes for her. She's a full-time graduate student in California but her permanent residence is in Kentucky. She worked for the school and made under $1300. They actually gave her two W-2's. One for KY and one for CA. They withheld around $4 from KY and nothing in CA. Does she need to file a return for CA? What is her status?

Reply :

Income Tax Return file based on residency. For instance; you live in the state of KY but worked in the state of CA. You will file federal, state of CA and KY returns. Resident return for KY and Non-Resident return for CA. If you physically lived in CA during the year then you have to pro-rate period of residency as a part year residents in the state of CA and KY. 

Load More - 10 Successful Years
Copyright © 2010, Infotax Square All Rights Reserved. - Allows Payment Processing With Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover
Terms and conditions, features, support, pricing and service options subject to change without notice.