Free Consultation|USA Only +1 (866)754 4460|Outside USA +1 (516)822 3100 - Website Logo
  You are here : Home  >   Services  >   Articles Library of Employer Identification Number  
TESTIMONIALS - Testimonials  

What if I misplaced my EIN?

0/5 stars (0 vote)
Category : > Articles Library of Employer Identification Number
Posted On : Fri Aug 28th,2009

What happens if you have lost the employer identification number and how can you retrieve EIN? An EIN is a nine digit unique number which uses to file any tax filings such as business tax returns, payroll returns, sales tax returns or any official correspondence deals with the departments

A duplicate copy of a  lost employer identification number recover from the Internal Revenue Service.The lost employer identification number cannot be obtained electronically and  a stockholder or an owner the entity has following option to recover.

The owner of the company or the authorized person sends a written request to the Internal Revenue Service along with a copy of the article which was filed with the Secretary of state or county to acquire a duplicate copy of the employer identification number. The authorized person must present a signed power of attorney to get a duplicate copy of EIN from the IRS stating the title and the relationship with the company.

The lost EIN verification letter can also be requested by the Internal Revenue Service over the phone.

Generally, the Internal Revenue Service requires estimated two to three weeks to process and issue a duplicate copy of the EIN.

The Internal Revenue Service does not recover or re-issue the same Employer Identification Number of the dissolved or canceled company.






Committed to give our users most updated news!
For instant news please subscribe at

Leave Your Comments
Your name :
Email Address : Will not be published
Please enter your email if you want us to send answer to your email. We have a strict policy of not to share your email address with any other party.
Your message :
Insert these letters into the textfield below: (required, case-sensitive): cDaQS
Do you want to Subscribe for
InfoTaxSquare Business News Bulletin?
Comments (11)
Gwendolyn Bolden   wrote on : Mon Jan 11th,2010
I lost all my information that i have obtain in having my business and my EIN number was in the notebook so i was trying to replace it so that i can file my taxes this year. If you can give a replacement or tell how I can obtain a replacement or what i can give to the tax pro-parer.Thank You      View Detail
Reply :
Dear  Gwendolyn Bolden: We would suggest you to please either call to your accountant or your state to obtain duplicate documents.
Documents filing

Thomas M. Smith   wrote on : Fri Mar 05th,2010
Trying to open bank account. Lost confirmation notice. Can I get another? Organization: Zion Hope People Alliance Corporation 1401 Bluegrass Ave, Ste-205 Louisville, KY 40215      View Detail
Reply :
Dear Thomas M.Smith:

Thanks for choosing for your business needs. To retrieve you missing numbers you can call to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). You do not need to obtain a new one.

Business Documents

michaela agee   wrote on : Sun Mar 14th,2010
i lost my ein number in the process of doing my taxes ad they need the number to get me my money.      View Detail
Reply :
Dear Michaela Agee : Thanks for choosing for your business needs. To get your missing number you will have to contact to Internal Revenue Service.
Business Documents

Load More - 10 Successful Years
Copyright © 2010, Infotax Square All Rights Reserved. - Allows Payment Processing With Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover
Terms and conditions, features, support, pricing and service options subject to change without notice.