Free Consultation|USA Only +1 (866)754 4460|Outside USA +1 (516)822 3100 or +1 (631) 623 5100 - Website Logo
  You are here : Home  >   Services  >   Foreign Entity Qualification  
TESTIMONIALS - Testimonials  

Register Foreign Entity in Nebraska

How to Applying for Certificate of Authority to Transact Business in Nebraska?
Existing customers please login to check the status of your order at Infotax Square Login here (0) (0)
0/5 stars (0 vote)
Category : > Foreign Entity Qualification
Posted On : Sat Aug 27th,2016

How to Applying for Certificate of Authority to Transact Business in Nebraska?


Purpose for Apply Certificate of Authority to Transact Business in Nebraska?


Business entities are registered out of state or country intend to transact business in the state of Nebraska are required to register a foreign entity with the Nebraska Secretary of State.

How to Apply Foreign Limited Liability Company or Foreign Corporation in Nebraska?


  • Order Certificate of Good Standing to verify an entity’s existence in the foreign state or country to file along with the application.
  • An original certificate of existence from the appropriate authority in the jurisdiction or state under whose
    laws the limited liability company was organized must be filed with this document.
    NOTE: A certified copy of the company's certificate of organization may not be filed in lieu of a
    certificate of existence.
  • Check the name availability with the Nebraska Secretary of State to register a branch office in Nebraska, and if the name is not available, you may have to get the consent from the company is already using the same name.
  • Provide the registered agent name and the address to register your foreign entity. A registered agent can be a person or an entity.
  • Mention all the stockholders, directors, officers and member's name.
  • Nature of the Business, purposes to be conducted or promoted in this state or professional
    services being rendered.


  File Annual/Biennial Reporting to Maintain Foreign Entity:


Foreign Entities must file biennial occupation tax reports in the even numbered years from March 1 to keep the company live or good standing.

Can you File  Foreign Entity as a Non Resident?


You can incorporate a foreign entity with the Nebraska Secretary of State as a Non US Resident without having a social security number.


Filing Taxes with Internal Revenue Service and Nebraska Department of Revenue:


You are required to file foreign entity tax returns with the Internal Revenue services, State tax returns with the Nebraska Department of revenue if applicable, Sales and Use Tax Returns with the Nebraska Department of Revenue (If applicable) and Payroll taxes (if applicable). You can consult with your CPA the deadlines to file taxes of your entity.


Opening Business Bank Account:


You should open a business account to maintain your business activities.


Do I need business license to Start my Foreign Entity in Nebraska?


You can contact with the Business Licensing Nebraska for the licensing requirement. The basic types of licensing or registration in Nebraska are highlighted below.

  • Sales and Use Tax License
  • You may have to register to withhold your employee(s) taxes if applicable
  • Secretary of state business licenses, Liquor License, Health and Human Services, Licenses, Department of Agriculture online licensing, Permits and Registrations.

A request to retrieve Filed Documents:


You can always request to the state to retrieve a duplicate copy of your filed documents.


Workers Compensation and Disability Insurance:


You are required to maintain the insurance if you have employees.


Useful Links:


Committed to give our users most updated news!
For instant news please subscribe at

Leave Your Comments
Your name :
Email Address : Will not be published
Please enter your email if you want us to send answer to your email. We have a strict policy of not to share your email address with any other party.
Your message :
Insert these letters into the textfield below: (required, case-sensitive): FQBfW
Do you want to Subscribe for
InfoTaxSquare Business News Bulletin?
Comments (0)
Load More
No Comments found, Be the first to write comment - 10 Successful Years
Copyright © 2010, Infotax Square All Rights Reserved. - Allows Payment Processing With Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover
Terms and conditions, features, support, pricing and service options subject to change without notice.