Free Consultation|USA Only +1 (866)754 4460|Outside USA +1 (516)822 3100 - Website Logo
  You are here : Home  >   Services  >   Articles About Moving Company From One State To Another  
TESTIMONIALS - Testimonials  

How to transfer Business Entity from one state to Ohio

0/5 stars (0 vote)
Category : > Articles About Moving Company From One State To Another
Posted On : Wed Jun 28th,2017

A complete guide to transfer corporation, limited liability company and other entities to the state of Ohio

Learn here to:

  • Changing Company Domicile to Ohio
  • Company Domestication in Ohio
  • Convert Company in Ohio from one entity to another

Ohio Secretary of states allows domestication of the following business entities

  1. For the entities converting within or off the records of the Ohio Secretary of State
  2. For the entities converting into the records of the Ohio Secretary of State

Does state of Ohio allow to move or transfer company from one state to Ohio?

  • State of Ohio allows moving business entities to Ohio from the other states , including corporations, limited liability companies and limited partnerships, if the foreign state allows.
  • State of Ohio does not transfer or inherit the original date of the foreign state business formation. It shows the date when the company was transferred or converted in the state of Ohio from another state. For example; if, you are moving existing corporation from the State of Georgia to Ohio, and the company was originally formed on January 1st 2015 and moving in Ohio on June 1st 2017. The article of conversion effective date will be June 1st 2017 not the original date when the company was registered in Georgia.
  • You will file Certificate for Conversion for Entities Converting Within or Off the Records of the Ohio Secretary of State to move company to Ohio.
  • A dissolution will be filed for the foreign entity after converting corporation or LLC in the state of Ohio.

Transfer Business Licenses in Ohio:

Business licenses including county vendor license are not transferable and you have to obtain licenses for the state of Ohio.

Transfer Employer Identification:

You do not have to change EIN of the converting company.

You can file a certificate of conversion for the following entities:

  • Domestic profit corporation
  • Foreign profit and non profit corporation
  • Domestic nonprofit limited liability company
  • Foreign non profit limited liability company
  • Domestic profit limited liability company
  • Foreign profit limited liability company
  • Partnership
  • Domestic limited partnership
  • Foreign limited partnership
  • Domestic limited liability partnership
  • Foreign limited liability partnership

Are You Ready to Domesticate Your Company in Texas?


Committed to give our users most updated news!
For instant news please subscribe at

Leave Your Comments
Your name :
Email Address : Will not be published
Please enter your email if you want us to send answer to your email. We have a strict policy of not to share your email address with any other party.
Your message :
Insert these letters into the textfield below: (required, case-sensitive): JPBcJ
Do you want to Subscribe for
InfoTaxSquare Business News Bulletin?
Comments (0)
Load More
No Comments found, Be the first to write comment - 10 Successful Years
Copyright © 2010, Infotax Square All Rights Reserved. - Allows Payment Processing With Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover
Terms and conditions, features, support, pricing and service options subject to change without notice.