Free Consultation|USA Only +1 (866)754 4460|Outside USA +1 (516)822 3100 or +1 (631) 623 5100 - Website Logo
  You are here : Home  >   Services  >   Foreign Entity Qualification  
TESTIMONIALS - Testimonials  

How to Register a Foreign Profit Corporation in Hawaii

An ultimate guide to obtain a Certificate of Authority for Foreign Corporation Hawaii
Existing customers please login to check the status of your order at Infotax Square Login here (0) (0)
0/5 stars (0 vote)
Category : > Foreign Entity Qualification
Posted On : Wed Jan 11th,2017

An ultimate guide to obtain a Certificate of Authority for Foreign Corporation Hawaii

What is a reason to register a Foreing Entity in Hawaii?

  • A foreign entity is registered in the state of Hawaii by an out of state business to do business in Hawaii.
  • Out-of-state entity must be registered in the home state in order to apply for a certificate of authority in the state of Hawaii, otherwise it will be registered a domestic entity of Hawaii.

How to register a Branch Office in Hawaii?

  • An application for a Certificate of Authroty for a foreign corporation must be submitted with the DCCA (Business Registration Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs).
  • Certificate of Authority must be submitted electronically.
  • Certificate of good standing or certificate of existence of a home state entity must be obtained to file along with the application to confirm that your home state entity is legally registered and in a good standing. If, the home state entity is not in a good standing, DCCA will reject the application, so make sure your company is in good standing before filing an application with DCCA to transact business in Hawaii.
  • You have to register a trade name, if the name is not available with the DCCA and send a copy of trade name Hawaii with the Certificate of authority application.
  • Filing fees are not refundable
  • You can also reserve foreign entity names, but it is not required.


How long does DCCA takes to process application top open a foreign entity in Hawaii?

DCCA generally takes two to three working days to process the foreign entity application.

Do I have gotten a new Employer Identification Number to do business in Hawaii under Out of State Entity Company?

No, the home state entity EIN will be used to file taxes and open a bank account in Hawaii.

Other maintenance for a Foreign Entity Hawaii

  • Acquire licenses if applicable, for the Hawaii, because you cannot use home state licenses to do business in Hawaii.
  • You are responsible to file a yearly annual report in Hawaii as long as you are doing business in Hawaii.
  • File yearly state taxes, if applicable
  • You have to dissolve the foreign entity, if you are no longer in business.



Committed to give our users most updated news!
For instant news please subscribe at

Leave Your Comments
Your name :
Email Address : Will not be published
Please enter your email if you want us to send answer to your email. We have a strict policy of not to share your email address with any other party.
Your message :
Insert these letters into the textfield below: (required, case-sensitive): MNFdX
Do you want to Subscribe for
InfoTaxSquare Business News Bulletin?
Comments (0)
Load More
No Comments found, Be the first to write comment

Copyright © 2010, Infotax Square All Rights Reserved. - Allows Payment Processing With Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover
Terms and conditions, features, support, pricing and service options subject to change without notice.