Free Consultation|USA Only +1 (866)754 4460|Outside USA +1 (516)822 3100 or +1 (631) 623 5100 - Website Logo
  You are here : Home  >   Services  >   Income Tax Filing Across The USA  
TESTIMONIALS - Testimonials  

How should I report income received from IRA Distributions?

How should I report income received from IRA Distributions?
Existing customers please login to check the status of your order at Infotax Square Login here (0) (0)
0/5 stars (0 vote)
Category : > Income Tax Filing Across The USA
Posted On : Tue Oct 06th,2009

How should I report income received from IRA Distributions?

IRA Distributions

In general, you do not include in your gross income qualified distributions from your Roth IRA. You may have to include part of other distributions from Roth IRA(s) in your income.

A qualified distribution is generally, any payment or distribution made after the 5-taxable-year period beginning with the first year for which a contribution was made to a Roth IRA set up for you, and that is made on or after you reach age 59 1/2, made because you are disabled, made to a beneficiary or to your estate after your death, or that is made to buy, build, or rebuild a first home.

A distribution used to buy, build or rebuild a first home must be used to pay qualified costs for the main home of a first time home buyer who is either yourself, your spouse, or you or your spouse's child, grandchild, parent, or other ancestor. When added to all your prior qualified first-time homebuyer distributions, if any, the total distributions cannot be more than a certain limit.

Part of any distribution that is not a qualified distribution may be taxable as ordinary income and subject to the additional tax on early distributions. Distributions of conversion contributions within a 5-year period following a conversion may be subject to early distribution tax, even if the contributions have been included as income in an earlier year.

If you converted your traditional IRA to a Roth IRA, but were not eligible to do so, your conversion will be treated as a taxable distribution from your traditional IRA and a regular contribution to your Roth IRA, and may be subject to additional tax on early withdrawals and an excise tax on excess contributions, unless the converted amount is re-characterized.

You may re-characterize your Roth IRA conversion by directly transferring the amount converted (including all net earnings from the date of conversion) back to a traditional IRA. You may do this prior to the due date, including extensions, for filing your tax return.



InfoTaxSquare helps filing Income Taxes in all fifty states. If you need our services please click order now button or for additional information read more. For live assistance can be called at +1 (866)754 4460 or email at 24/7 online help is available!



Committed to give our users most updated news!
For instant news please subscribe at

Leave Your Comments
Your name :
Email Address : Will not be published
Please enter your email if you want us to send answer to your email. We have a strict policy of not to share your email address with any other party.
Your message :
Insert these letters into the textfield below: (required, case-sensitive): dGQIF
Do you want to Subscribe for
InfoTaxSquare Business News Bulletin?
Comments (0)
Load More
No Comments found, Be the first to write comment

Copyright © 2010, Infotax Square All Rights Reserved. - Allows Payment Processing With Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover
Terms and conditions, features, support, pricing and service options subject to change without notice.